I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
and born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
who was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into Hell.
and on the third day He rose again from the dead.
He ascended into Heaven
and sits at the right hand of the Father.
From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen
We believe that:
- The Scriptures are fully inspired by God and we accept them as the supreme and final authority.
- Through Scripture God has revealed Himself, His character and His will.
- God is sovereign, externally existing in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Human beings, though originally created in the image of God, are fallen creatures, sinful, guilty and lost without Christ.
- Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- Jesus Christ, as God incarnate, is unique and sinless.
- Jesus Christ became sin for us on the cross of Calvary, was judged by God and died in our place.
- Jesus Christ rose in bodily form, ascended into Heaven and His present ministry is as High Priest and our Advocate with the Father.
- The Jesus of history and the Christ of Glory is the same person.
- Because of the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus Christ, God freely forgives those who are brought to repentance and faith in His Son.
- All who are justified by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ are born again of the Spirit of God and thereby become children of God.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit empowers and equips believers for service.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit are for all believers.
- The apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher are God-given ministries.
- Both believers and unbelievers will be resurrected, the redeemed to eternal blessedness but those who have rejected God's offer of salvation through Jesus Christ will be eternally damned.
- The one true and universal Church is made up of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit. The local church should be an expression of this. Thus the new birth and personal confession of faith in Christ are essentials for church membership.
- Jesus Christ appointed the two sacraments of baptism in water and the Lord's supper to be observed as acts of obedience and a perpetual witness of Christian faith. The former as a confession of and identification with Christ in His burial, death and resurrection. The latter symbolising the broken body and shed blood of Christ, in remembrance of His sacrificial death, until He comes. We believe water baptism is by immersion and only for believers who have repented of sin and confessed Christ as Lord.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will personally and visibly return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.